The scientific and technological objectives of Dem@Care are:
- To determine a prioritised list of feasibility and functional specifications to enable the identification and development of valuable services to people with dementia.
- To develop a proper installation of multiple sensors in the home, on the monitored person in an unobtrusive manner (wearable, portable devices), in tandem with recording of utilities usage for physiological activities monitoring and analysis.
- To investigate the relation of sensor measurements to dementia-related diagnoses.
- To integrate audiovisual situational analysis for recording of daily activities, behavioural profiling, unusual activity detection and monitoring of emotional, mental and functional state.
- To enhance lifestyle logging with multi-sensor information from home sensors, utilities usage records and audiovisual data.
- To provide personalised behaviour interpretation with the use of intelligent analysis and dynamic knowledge structures, correlating and semantically integrating results of multi-sensor analysis with clinical and personal knowledge.
- To provide feedback tailored to personal traits and behavioural profile.
- To develope and integrate modules to implement the requirements for the system, as determined by clinical experts.
- To perform clinical validation of Dem@Care system through three-staged testing and evaluation.